Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Healthy Living

So I'm mixing Flaxseed Oil with my yogurt; juicing every red, yellow, and orange fruit and vegetable I can carry home; and eating a hella-lot of watercress. I go to bed at 10 p.m. so I can wake up early enough to do yoga before work, then pilates and free weights after work. I want to be as healthy and physically strong as I can be before going into surgery, because I'll be laid-up for weeks afterwards, and physically I feel like it's working (I just know this procedure is going to take a lot out of me).

The thing is, I went to Whole Foods Market (for the first time) to get the Flaxseed Oil and watercress, and I was surrounded by all these healthy-just-out-of-yoga-class-low-body-fat freaks buying incredibly healthy things to put in or on their bodies. Am I really turning into these people I used to avoid? Will I ever have a $6 Burger at Carl's Jr. again? Will I ever want to? I'm the girl who used to eat french fries with caramel sundaes!

James joked that I'll be healthier after the cancer than I ever was before the cancer. What I don't want is to turn into a health food evangelical. I always found those people kind of annoying, like they're making all these efforts (not having a burger combo 3 times a week, no leftover pizza for breakfast, and a large Diet Coke with everything) just so they can go into the ground with confidence. I never imagined being like that.

I'm sure that to a certain degree, I will be living a little healthier when this is all over. But, as my dearest friends, help me this way: If I ever start giving unsolicited advice on healthier eating and exercise, PLEASE TELL ME TO FUCK OFF.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chek this place out it helped me yamaha electronics

October 23, 2005 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home