Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

CT Scan

Had my neck and head CT scan this afternoon. It took a little while because the iodine IV they hooked me up to began leaking during the procedure. The technician warned me that the iodine would burn a little once it was injected into my bloodstream. Actually, the warmth you feel in your chest after drinking really good brandy, imagine it everywhere... everywhere (and they expect you to lie still?). I should get iodine IV's more often.

Next up, my Tumor Board is on Friday morning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't imagine someone as passionate as you are about food and drink being limited to SlimFast and Diet Coke... so I'm glad you at least had a simulated brandy experience.

Jim and I are rooting for you.

Rose K.

July 14, 2004 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home