Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

another appointment

So, Dr. Lueg, who I initially talked to after the Tumor Board, wants to talk to me again. He's actually the back-up surgeon and is in the same office as Dr. McNicoll. Now I'm getting nervous. Why would he want to talk to me a week after his colleague already did? My appointment is next Friday afternoon.

So I'm juicing up papayas, mangoes, and carrots. My skin is turning orange. I'm taking anti-oxidant supplements, but the Tylenol 3 is what's working like a dream. The tumor seems to be getting better on the topside of my tongue, but now it's swelling up on the bottom side. I may try cottage cheese if the swelling stays down.

Some of you have been telling me that God only gives you what you have the strength to bear. Does that mean if I were a weaker person, I wouldn't have cancer? I asked God about this the other night. He just rolled his eyes and said he'd call me after yoga class.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Laura,
Here's another recipe for lunch: a branch of brocoli, two stalks of celery, several branches of spinach, a quarter of onion, one carrot,
pinch of salt to taste into the juicer. You can vary with caulifower, carrots, avocado, beets, and kale. Use all raw vege. Chill and drink.

Another fruit medley variation would be juiced watermelon, cantaloupe, and honey dew with carrot juice.. Banana puree would also be very good.

Make your own soy milk so you know it does not have any chemicals added. If you already know how, fine, otherwise, buy soy bean from an oriental grocery.
Take 2 cupfuls of soybean, wash thoroughly,and soak overnight. Place the soybeans into a blender. Add two cups of water(preferably bottled water), cover the blendor and go. Strain the resulting mixture using a fine meshed strainer or a cheese cloth into a pan. Return the the soy bean into the blendor and repeat the process. Slowly boil the juice (that came out of the cheese cloth or the strainer), mixing it frequently so that it does not overflow. Continue the slow boiling under low heat for fifteen minutes. Add a pinch of salt and two spoonfuls of honey. (At this time keep away from refined sugar). Cool to room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator. Drink to life!

Do not throw away the left over from the blendor. Take about four spoonfuls of the leftovers. Freeze the rest when not in use. Saute in tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Add tomato sauce (use sparingly). Use olive oil or grapeseed oil (from health stores). Add salt to taste. Add no spices for now. Add enough water to make soup. Bon appetti.

For your info on the benefits of soybean see attached :http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~stratsoy/expert/abs23.html

for info on almonds read http://www.tampamedicalgroup.com/Updates/Update173.htm

Your friend and at your service,

Amelia

August 02, 2004 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about gourmet cheese basket
. You can check it out at gourmet cheese basket



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

October 25, 2005 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home