Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Eggs... it's what's for breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND dessert.

That's Chuck and Andrew in the pictures. They're my new neighbors; the same Andrew who went to Las Vegas with Ali and me back in August. I ended up going to the Beijing Modern Dance show the night before with Chuck. He should wear a shirt and sport coat more often; gives him a sort of young Andy Garcia vibe.

The ostrich egg omelets from Sunday's brunch were great! The shells are pretty thick, so they had to power-drill into them. Adam brought the eggs down from an ostrich farm near Santa Barbara. We could've fed a platoon with the one egg. Instead we had four omelets. It was heaven!

I've been buying 20 eggs at a time since they're my new oatmeal. I'm also experimenting with Thomas Keller's quiche recipe. It makes a quiche 9" round and 2" deep, so I spend the week eating it. Last night, I made one with button and crimini mushrooms, baby asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, and lots of Havarti cheese. Yup, it's a heart attack waiting to happen.

I'm still in pain, less from the biopsy more from the "healing process." Dr. McNicoll didn't refill my codeine prescription after all. He told me to take Advil or Motrin. So far, Advil isn't really doing the job.

So, I'm also eating a lot of chocolate Easter eggs. Like real eggs, the chocolate eggs are soft, and not so painful to eat. Right now, a whole variety of them are 3 for 99 cents at the Rite Aid across from the office. I tried the Hershey's Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Egg (****), Reese's Peanut Butter Egg (**), and Cadbury's Caramel Filled Egg (made my head explode; couldn't finish it). They don't help with the pain, but they don't hurt, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home