Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Over the Hump

Fifteen R-treatments down, fifteen more to go. I celebrated by buying books I don't need, and a T-shirt with a smiling space monkey floating underneath the caption: "I hope I never die". I'll wear it when I see Dr. Blackwell this week.

That's what I'm starting to feel like during treatments. They've been rotating teams among the different treatment rooms, and the team I had this past week is soooo slow. I suspect one of the members is a newbie. I understand they have to train people, but from what I could tell he hadn't gotten more proficient as the week went on. So I'm fastened to the slab with the stens in my mouth longer and longer with each day. Such a pain in the ass.

No new foods to report. No news on progress with the plumbing at the loft either. Maybe I should've gone to L.A. Trade Tech and become a plumber instead. The industry in general must be making a killing with all the new lofts popping up downtown. Does anyone know any single plumbers they can introdu...nevermind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home