Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Trial and Error

In my search to find food I can actually taste, James and I went to a Thai restaurant two blocks from the loft...EUREKA! My new drug is Tom Kha Kai, a spicy hot soup made with shrimp (but normally chicken), lemon grass, cilantro, red chiles, lime juice and coconut milk. My first warning should've been all those pretty pieces of chiles floating in the pink broth. The heat went right through my eyeballs and I got the most INCREDIBLE endorphin rush! Better...than...sex (not really, but you get my point).

I also tried a chilidog and chili cheese fries at Tommy's. What was I thinking? I couldn't taste any of the chili fries, so I gave them to Tim (one of my roommates). He claims he's never had chili fries before! What kind of American are you? With all the food I'm tossing aside lately my roommates are going to be some pretty well-fed starving artists. Tim and Takako (his girlfriend) have an adorable black cat named Peanut Butter. They'd better keep an eye on her, because I plan on taking her with me when I leave and re-naming her Gazpacho. I loooooove this cat!

Living in such a creative environment inspired me to change the look of the blog and stick my face in one of my favorite Modigliani paintings (sorry, Amedeo). I can't wait to move into my own place so I can start painting again.

Saw Dr. Kagan on Thursday after radiation treatment. I just needed some reassurances that all the pain and wierdness in my mouth was typical. After I gave him a general description of the past few days he said, "Yes, expect more of it." But he also said I was doing a good job taking care of my teeth. He tossed over some swab sticks and said I could continue to take all the codeine I needed. Yessir! Dr. Kagan is very nice, but a doctor's appointment doesn't feel complete without hearing at least one worst-case scenario. I guess it's just separation anxiety from Dr. McNicoll.

Twenty more treatments to go.

(I can't believe they killed-off Leo.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

November 17, 2005 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home