Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Depression turned outward

I mentioned a couple of entries ago that depression is rage turned inward. I think the opposite holds true as well because I've yelled at three different people in as many weeks and I'm definitely feeling better. Considering that my initial reflex was extreme violence I should find a better way to channel my "rage". But I think I've done a damn good job keeping myself in check, and out of prison.

I'm considering taking some sort of martial arts class. The last time I was in a high stress situation I took boxing classes nearly every day. But I also got in the habit of "playfully" hitting James too much back when we were a couple. Now that we're friends he's not as willing to take crap from me.

That's what I need these days... a big, easygoing boyfriend who can take a punch... and cook for me,... and eventually take care of all our kids. Can anyone introduce me to some single Samoan guys?

1 Comments:

Blogger clowny said...

It turns out that what I'm looking for in a man shares the same qualities that Tom Waits listed on his Vanity Fair Proust Questionnaire:

What is the quality you most like in a man?Generosity, irony, bravery, humor, madness, imagination, and the ability to take a punch.

Perfect. Good thing he's straight and we're not friends.

November 08, 2004 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home