Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Only a flesh wound

The arm wound is healed and no longer needs to be wrapped in Xeroform (it's a linen bandage soaked in some petroleum-based antiseptic to keep it moisturized). Now the arm looks less like "Jaws" and more like "House of Wax". Strangely, the graft is getting narrower, especially around the wrist. I'm still going to wrap it in gauze so I don't frighten children on the street. It oughta be good for Halloween this year.

All my things are moved to the new loft, but I can't actually live there until the final permits have been approved. I turned in the keys to my old place Thursday, so I'm living like a gypsy out of the same trusty suitcase I took to Italy (and which I hope to take to Vietnam). My first day back at the office is October 12th. Hopefully, I'll be sleeping downtown, since the office and the radiation treatment locations are both within the Metro Redline system.

Looking for an electric stove, refrigerator, and bedframe. If anyone has or knows someone who has a spare of any of the three, give me a heads up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home