Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Say cheese!

Went to UCLA early Monday and Tuesday to get my teeth ready for the radiation treatments. They took x-rays and made a cast of my jaw for the flouride tray and the mouthpiece I'm supposed to wear when they blast my mouth. They used this pink, play-do type stuff that hardens in seconds. (My dentist, Dr. Soltani, is CUTE, and she's really nice. What's the deal with all these attractive doctors and dentists popping up in my life?) So I'm supposed to brush and floss after every meal, and wear this flouride filled tray over my teeth for 5 minutes every night... forever. No more slacking when it comes to oral health, but I guess the good news is when I die I'm going to have all my own teeth.

I'm finishing up the cleaning at my old apartment. Yes, all by myself. Ever since the radiation news I've been spending a lot of time alone, doing stuff on my own, much to everyone's annoyance. I just need the illusion of being in control. My body is healing, but worrying about what's around the corner is really starting to wear me down. I haven't had any more fainting spells or dizzyness, so I'm not taking on too much or wearing myself out.

I had tri-tip for dinner the other night, and carnitas last night. But I don't think I'm quite ready for a Fatburger yet (unless I eat it with a knife and fork). One more week should be enough time for the swelling on my tongue to go down more and to get more maneuverability. Still sticking to liquids during the day. I just don't have much of an appetite when the sun is up.

Next Wednesday I see Dr. McNicoll. Friday is my radiation appointment.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone looking for some more business name info?

October 23, 2005 2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say cheese!

Hey clowny, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a knives Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
knives related stuff.

Come and check out knives if you get time, Nice going !

November 14, 2005 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say cheese!

Hey clowny, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Tactical Knives Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
Tactical Knives related stuff.

Come and check out Tactical Knives if you get time, Nice going !

November 22, 2005 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say cheese!

Hey clowny, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Darrell Ralph Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
Darrell Ralph related stuff.

Come and check out Darrell Ralph if you get time, Nice going !

November 28, 2005 2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alles die u wilt is juist voor u. De vraag is

January 09, 2006 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home