Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

First night back at Cole's

I showed up pretty early because I wasn't sure how late I would be able to stick around. Drove for the first time since the surgery as well since I've gotten a lot of flexibility back in my neck and shoulder.

Ali, Allan, Rob, and Sal were already there. It was great being back, even though Ali started in on the Elmer Fudd jokes as soon as I opened my mouth. I offered to show them the trach hole, but got no takers; funny since all my girlfriends are eager to take a peek. Andrew showed up a few minutes later, and I laid into him and Ali about telling everyone how much I ate at the Bellagio buffet the week before the operation (I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas).

The remodeling better happen soon, because the crowd for the I See Hawks in L.A. show can't fit in the back room anymore. It's gotten pretty annoying. But the band played some new songs, and they sounded great.

I'm going to try and drive around today, get out more. Cabin fever is starting to set in, which is no fun when your arm is constantly on pins and needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home