Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Clinical Trials

Took a chance looking through the ACS website over the weekend on clinical trials. Turns out, this trial in Los Angeles, CA is enrolling patients diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck that have been previously treated. The objectives
of the trial are to compare ZD1839 (Iressa) at dosages of 250 mg and 500 mg versus methotrexate in terms of overall survival, symptom improvement, tumor response, safety and tolerability, and quality of life. James spoke to someone at Kaiser, where they're actually running the trials, and gave them my patient ID number to check out my eligibility. Great news. I suppose in at lease one of them them, I will be chosen for one of be non-placebo groups. Cross your fingers.

Still dreaming mad dreams about blueberries. Blueberry milkshakes now, w/two maraschino cherries on top. I only remember making them at home with either wild blueberry jam, or frozen whole blueberries. But, the BEST BERRY PANCAKES are at the Bellagio LV Cafe. They put blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and whipped butter on each layer with the best maple syrup. For this dish, all you need is a tall glass of ice cold whole milk. Well, it's all I would need.

Going back to Neverland, now...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you Laura. I know blueberry shakes are closer than ever for you. Much love to you and James.

Sol

August 09, 2005 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreaming is good for the soul.

August 10, 2005 4:12 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

Thanks for the good thoughts, Sol. But it's time I told that one of my least favorite sign-offs is "much love".

Don't know why. Just is.

L.

August 10, 2005 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I'll remember that. Just take care then. Better?
Sol

August 10, 2005 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I was just cruising the blogs today and I came across yours, it really entertained me.

Thanks,

dog tooth health

April 13, 2006 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home