Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, November 08, 2004

The Fiends on the 405

Had my first full day at the office. I went back in after r-treatment. It wasn't tiring at all, but the commute home nearly killed me. It's probably going to take me 2 hours to get to Westwood tomorrow morning for my appointment with Dr. Blackwell. Thank Buddah there's a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf near the medical center. And I get a fresh supply of codeine on Wednesday!

I'm going to need it. The Season is rolling up quick. But I'm not talking about the holidays. I mean the start of my brief but annual dating season. Now some of you who know me well are probably saying, "Qoi?"

Yes, I still hate dating, and I haven't forgotten Manhattan Beach guy from last winter (who was actually a rockin' 2nd baseman, but what kind of freak writes a poem with 'neoprene' in the title?). So why do I keep dating? It's like that old joke:

A guy sees his friend hitting himself on the head with a hammer. The guy says, "Dude! Why do you keep hitting yourself on the head with that hammer?" And his friend says, "Because when I stop, it feels so good."

So, yeah. For the rest of the year I'll be pretty content with my single status, assuming I don't fall in love Meg Ryan-romantic-comedy style. But nobody in real life falls in love that way, not even Meg Ryan.

Besides, I've yet to find a guy-to-date who can make me think, laugh, or care as much as the guys-I-hang-with do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home