Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Reorganizing my space

James and I moved the red mattress into the vault to make way for the green sofa. We also chatted about wall and window solutions now that the weather is changing. Ever since my throat has become less congested I've had more interest in planning the future.

I'm also hoping that my energy level will get back soon. I'm ordering some Tai Chi DVDs and drinking more green tea. Someday soon, I'll be able to walk the entire seven blocks in to the office. (Please, please make this happen!)

I'm going to see the next few weeks the same way I saw my initial recovery. This is just a recovery portion, and after doing everything correctly exercise and nutrition-wise, I will get back to my normal routine, but with an extra hole in my throat.

Subconsiously, my body is yearning for normalcy. James said that for two hours last night, I slept next to him on our bed without any difficulty breathing. But then I went back to lying upright on the other bed before the sun came up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am captivated by your writing.
I can guess that there are days that you don't feel inclined to write, and I hope you will find your way to your keyboard as often as possible.

June 02, 2005 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home