Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

30-day Wedding Anniversary

Under normal circumstances, I would have taken the afternoon off from work to prepare dinner:

Seafood Paella (shrimp, scallops, clams, cod, salmon)
Panne Rustica (from La Brea Bakery)
Whitehaven, Souvignon Blanc, 2004 (Marlborough)
Creme Broulee w/diced fresh mango

But instead, he had Thai roasted chicken and I had pureed beef stew. Which as fine, too. Maybe next year.

Ali and Big Eric stopped by for a visit this afternoon. I'm so glad they did. I thought that meeting friends at Cole's would better, but now that we have a sofa, it's much more comfortable hanging out in the indoor garden.

Today was a pretty good day. I two naps, washed my hair, and ate some. Tomorrow is my 2nd chemo session. Ali said he might show up, but has an early busines meeting in the Inland Empire. Oh well, it was great seeing him again today, either way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Merujo said...

Happy 30 days to you and James!

With best wishes,

Merujo (a total stranger/reader in Maryland)

June 08, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

Thank you, Merujo!

L.

June 08, 2005 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home