Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Train trip

I took the Amtrak Surfliner to San Diego this morning. Between Union Station and Irvine the view is mostly industrial parks and tract housing, with the exception of Anaheim Stadium. Very different from the train trip between Rome and Arezzo; I loved riding past all those sunflower fields.

Fortunately, when you get past San Juan Capistrano, you're right on the coast until you hit San Diego. It was such a beautiful day. Even the wetlands (or swamps if you prefer) looked beautiful.

There were a lot of grey-haired surfers in wetsuits between Solano Beach and Oceanside. I can't wait to retire.

This is actually the third time I've taken this train. Sometimes I have to go south because of work. If you've never taken the Surfliner, I would recommend it. It's only $26 each way.

Sometimes, Angels fans will take the train down to Anaheim Stadium on game night so they can get drunk and not worry about parking. But Oceanside is a nice place to visit as well; they have a Surf Museum and a nice pier.

On the way back, there were a lot of conference calls happening in my car. I was one of them. From what I could gather, there was one attorney working on a bond deal, a guy setting up job interviews for the next day, and a rich wife organizing some family gathering.

The sun is setting now. I'm about fifteen minutes away from downtown L.A. I took some video of the Pacific on the way down. I'll try and get them up on the blog this weekend.

--------------------------

Sent from my Blackberry device

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home