Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

3

So I found out from Chris that the technician from yesterday, Patrick, is a newlywed, and his wife works in one of the treatment rooms... oh well.

I got sent back to Galactica today with a new crew. They were very nice, but I didn't bother learning their names. The burn on my tongue and the stiffness in my jaw have gotten so bad that simply inserting the dental stens is painful. It was the first time I had tears rolling down my face during the procedure.

Afterwards, I couldn't bear the thought of eating. But I had a carton of yogurt for lunch and another 3 hour nap. Hoping it would lift my morale, I did a light version of my yoga routine. I got a little light-headed at first, but I did feel better afterwards. Dinner was a can of SlimFast and codeine tablet.

I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving. "R" and I were joking about my bringing a can of gravy and a milkshake this year. At least I'll get the nutrients. I told her about Jones Soda's holiday flavors: Turkey & Gravy Soda, Cranberry, Mashed Potato & Butter, Greenbean Casserole, and Fruitcake. Sounds disgusting, but why not? I can't taste anything anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home