Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Nevermind the C-Trials

There are actually two trials going on, one at Kaiser and one at Cedars-Sinai. James got called back by from the clinical trials nurse at Kaiser , who said that the trial was for people with a different type of head and neck cancer, so I'm not eligible for that one. The contact at Cedars-Sinai told James that they may not be enrolling any more patients for that trial, but he's expecting a call back from them. Either way, I might not have been chosen for the test group, anyway. But I shouldn't despair because they could just let the chemo loose on me without risking leaving me w/out any treatment at all for a month. Dr. B. also called to say that we'll be discussing possible treatment courses at our next meeting. He's worried, though, that continuing or changing treatment might just end up making me sicker, without changing the cancer. For now we have to wait...

So I took a shower. Actually, James helped me take a shower... Heaven. I should worry less about clinical trials, and concentrate more on showers. I love my Cabana Boy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the Ron Sullivan ilk? This comment is the classy kind that usually ends up on your sister's blog, Laura, but guess you got lucky today.

I always liked the Cabana Boy episode of Mad About You. Which is really one of the sexiest, funnest, funny shows on relationships ever. I wish I could live it.

Much Love.

August 11, 2005 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm a complete stranger. I found your site while doing some research on the web. I ended up reading the whole thing last night. .staying up late and drinking a beer. (you write wonderfully by the way) I don't really know what to say here. . . cancer sucks. I guess what I want to say is. . you now have a fan in Rochester, NY. . and I am thinking of you.
Abigail

August 11, 2005 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was that all about? xdfc08?

August 15, 2005 2:25 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

doing my best. just keep those persian bodies coming so i can have a healthy red shake or smoothie. I did feel better after the transfusions.

love, L.

August 16, 2005 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura: I'm a complete stranger who just wants to thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best! Jennifer

August 17, 2005 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home