Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Again, with the lattice o' coincidence

Tonight's "Good Eats" episode is on... OATMEAL (it's all about the "O"). I dig Alton Brown's kitchen, especially the assistant in the bear suit. It's the only thing my apartment is really missing. Turns out we both have an electric kettle. Except his is black & chrome and rocks, and mine is a cheapie $9 model I scored at Fry's (now he's making Haggis dressed like Braveheart; this guy kills me).

Turns out the steel-cut oats I've been eating are also known as "pinhead oats." Outstanding.

So, naturally, I'm cooking another pot of pinhead oats because I've had three cups tonight for dinner, and none left for breakfast tomorrow. Relax, I started the evening with tofu soup, so I'm not a complete addict. And I worked out when I got home, so I'm not going to blow-up.

That can't happen since I'm spending this Saturday at the fashion show portion of the Miss Chinatown Pageant. My brother has friends in the organization, and he scored some tickets. Very exciting. Doubt I'll meet any Maggie Cheung look-alikes, but you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home