Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Blood drive for Laura

Hi everyone,

Our amazing friend Ali has organized a blood drive to help Laura through any transfusions she may need because of her chemotherapy regimen. The drive will be August 26th at the home of another amazing friend, Adam. All the details are below in the announcement Ali put together.

Thanks to all of you for everything you've done,
James


Calling on all friends! Calling on all friends! I need your help....

Are you ready to party and have a great time....No, it's not another
divorce party (although I had great time at the last one). This one is
special...I am even throwing in your first pint of Spaten
Lager FREE....Yes...FREE BEER...

Of course, there's one tiny CATCH. I need your blood.

On Friday, August 26th I will be hosting a Blood Drive on behalf of my
friend, and beloved Cole's regular, Laura. She is currently undergoing
chemotherapy, and can use our extra pints. (To read more about Laura
and her current situation, please visit her blog at
www.kevinsdeadcat.blogspot.com.)

My friends from Kaiser will be drawing your blood at the penthouse of
my friend, Adam (home of the best views in LA). The Blood Drive will be
held from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. on August 26th. I need 50 people to set this up, so email
me or call me to setup an appointment ASAP -- appointments can be at
the top of each hour to cut down your wait. The drive will start by
appointment at 11 a.m. and continue until all the people signed up are
done.....Call or Email (714-715-1685, amazarei@travelzonellc.com). The goal is 200 people.

All donors will receive a thank you gift bag which includes a Mega Millions
Lotto Ticket, and a gift certificate for a free pint of Spaten from
Cole's during the after-party.

That night, (August 26th) I'm hosting a party for all our friends and donors at
Cole's (you don't have to donate to come but you better). One of the best local bands
in town -- I See Hawks in LA -- will be playing in the back room. The
free beer will be flowing, and we'll all compare Band-Aids.

Help Laura, Get Free Beer, Listen to the Hawks....you can't do better
on a Friday. Call me and set the appointment. Ali


Blood Drive Location
Adam's Penthouse
533 South Los Angeles Street
Between 5th Street & 6th Street
7th floor

Laura Blog Address
www.kevinsdeadcat.blogspot.com.

Cole's P.E. Buffet
118 East 6th Street
Between Main Street & Los Angeles
213-622-4090
www.colesla.com


Ali
714-715-1685
amazarei@travelzonellc.com
amazarei@colespebuffet.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be there...Laura we love you.

August 18, 2005 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to donate blood but I'm so far away.

August 19, 2005 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home