Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

8

I was so tired after r-treatment this afternoon. Yesterday, I crashed pretty soundly during my unscheduled nap. But no nap today, too much to do.

I had to get the side of my car un-smashed in, spend some quality time w/Ali at Cole's, and try to find a Smog Test-Only site for my DMV renewal. Of course, I got stopped by the police on the way. Then the test-only place was closing early because the owner had some test to take... huh? Anyway, I hope I have better automobile luck tomorrow.

When I finally got home, I realized that all I had to eat all day was a half carton of yogurt and half of a chocolate croissant. Usually my body tells me it's been too long between meals via migraine. But this time... nothing. I was supposed to take Big Eric out to lunch for helping me w/my car, but neither one of us was hungry by then.

My face is feeling better after I started slathering aloe vera gel around my jaw and neck. It still looks red, but at least I'm not tempted to scratch it 24/7 anymore. My jaw is getting stiffer, and my tongue feels like there's one big sunburn at the tip. I may have to start taking codeine during the day.

I'll ask tomorrow how soon the side effects subside after r-treatment ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home