Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Laura's hospital stay extended

The doctors are having some trouble getting Laura's infection under control--her white blood cell count hasn't improved much with the current antibiotics, so they are planning to keep her at Kaiser West LA for a few more days. The good news is that it's not deep in her lungs--not pneumonia in other words. I'll update the blog whenever I can, but I'm spending most of my time at the hospital, so keep checking back even if things don't change too fast.
James

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, just when our hopes were high about your blood drive. It sounded like such a pretty place to have a nurse go into my vein, too...Oh well, think red, everyone.

Btw, I met a technician at Kaiser who said Kaiser will now send blood technicians out to almost every party or event that requests one. LA is incredible.

I have high hopes for your speedy recovery, Laura. James, you are a G-dsend. XO

August 24, 2005 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted James. Get well soon Laura. I'm praying for your speedy recovery.

August 25, 2005 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura and James, thinking of you,
East Coast Carolyn

August 26, 2005 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Journey well, dear Laura.
Thank you for bringing your gifts to us.

August 30, 2005 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, James and everyone else! -
How is Laura doing? I know the blood drive went well, even though I almost passed out! haha, I'm weak. Anyway, please post another update as soon as you can.
Miss you!
John L

August 30, 2005 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and Laura,

I'm sorry I am so far away (right now I'm in New York). My thoughts are with you both, as well as my love. Laura I am thinking of your beautiful face and spirit...you are a truly amazing woman.

love and strength,
alice

August 31, 2005 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marla,

Your on and off visits to hospitals remind me of that old line from a Rosemary Clooney's ditty which goes: "You only build me up to let me down . . ." but I am optimistic you will get over it and live strong.

Love,

Dad

May 10, 2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home